[shr-unstable] phone profile

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 13 11:14:32 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 10:58 +0200, Helge Hafting wrote:
> Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> > jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com> writes:
> >> is there a config file that i can alter to make my shr-settings phone
> >> profiles stay put even after a shutdown? it i set to vibrate, shutdown
> >> and turn on at a later time phone settings will always default back to
> >> default
> >
> > Isn't that why it's called "default"?
> >
> "Default" is what you get after flashing. default is what you
> get when you don't customize.  And that is fine.
>
> The phone is not supposed to "revert back to default" just because
> the user boots it. If you make _changes_, they should stick!
>
> Helge Hafting

Yeah, thats way I think it should work too - however you can get a
usable situation by changing the settings for default to your common
situation (which then become sticky and last through a reboot/most
upgrades).  That way if want silent for default - change all the default
settings to silent and it will boot up as that.  Counter-intuitive ...

BillK