[omgps] collect feature requests

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sat Jul 11 19:25:41 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 05:29:22PM -0700, mqy wrote:

> First, I must appreciate all omgps users, for your test and feed back.

   OK, a couple of problems running it on Debian:

1) At startup, a message "Unable to <something or other> directory" in very
small print pops up.

   Suggestion: Use the default font size for error message dialogs.

2) Running it from a shell, messages such as this one are printed:

20090711 14:43:52  [WARN]  load image failed: Failed to open file '/home/rask/.omgps/maps/OSM/1/0/0.png': Permission denied

$ ls -l ~/.omgps/maps/OSM/*/*/*.png
---------- 1 rask rask 9091 Jul 11 14:43 /home/rask/.omgps/maps/OSM/1/0/0.png
---------- 1 rask rask 4436 Jul 11 14:44 /home/rask/.omgps/maps/OSM/1/0/1.png
---------- 1 rask rask 7730 Jul 11 14:43 /home/rask/.omgps/maps/OSM/1/1/0.png
---------- 1 rask rask 4226 Jul 11 14:43 /home/rask/.omgps/maps/OSM/1/1/1.png

   Suggestion: Don't mess with the file permissions.

3) Running it again, at startup, a message "Unable to create pid file
<something or other>." in very small print pops up.

$ ls -l ~/.omgps/omgps.pid
------x--- 1 rask rask 5 Jul 11 14:42 /home/rask/.omgps/omgps.pid

   Suggestion: Don't mess with the file permissions. Delete the pid file on
exit.

4) The GPS part only works if I have the GPS activated by some other means
such as running TangoGPS or using fsoraw. Otherwise, it just sits there with
"Initializing GPS" displayed at the bottom.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen