why openmoko is so slow? Is it a joke?

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:41:03 CEST 2009

> Well, I would say it was a very bad joke. I spent eq. of 400 dolars, I
> was waiting 1 year for glamo acceleration etc, etc. that would make the
> phone usable etc, and it turns out, that it will never be
 > [...]
 > They found a very cheap solution, they
 > sold the devices for lot of money, practically they fooled lot of
 > people. I can imagine the company manager behind smiling about all the
 > complain emails and naive users still hoping their freerunner will
 > display nicely one day. I think after this being known, one should be
 > crazy buying the openmoko.
 > [...]
 > So ...
 > whatsoever would be the device... forget about plan B, forget about
 > openmoko for ever...

Openmoko is a usable phone (if you're geek), graphics speed is not
related to usability (but to eye-candy) as far as I know : most of us
used slower computers in the past, but still we had graphical and usable
interface.

Designing hardware is not designing software. This lack of graphical
bandwidth is a failure, but a failure does not mean Openmoko is an evil
company that fooled geeks to make lots of $$$.

For trying to free the phone we should support them, not blame them
because of this problem.

I call 'fud' upon your words.
Xavier Cremaschi.