[SHR-U] Bluetooth and GSM... Again.

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:11:25 CEST 2009

Hi all !

Let me explain why you are frustrated : they is somtimes a big gap between
power coder who follow all the lists and tracs and wikis ("Tom") AND some
end users who know a bit of linux, are opensource lovers too, but have not
enough time and skill to understrand everything ("Jerry")

Tom works very hard and tries to follow Jerry's demands. Tom complains about
Jerry who does not thank him enough.
Jerry works hard to understand the Openmoko (but not hard enough to
understand Tom). Since he has no time or high level skill, he has just
"seen" that the next FSO will support BT. For him, "support" meant "I click
on a button when I want to use my Bt headset, and bim, it works"

For Tom, "bt headset support" means "Some guys have to develop the user
interface to help Jerry."

So for Tom, bt headset are supported, but not from Jerry's point of view.

PS : I am Jerry :D .
I followed some earlier talks of people who tryed manually to set up gsm
talks through BT headset, but it was very low level (with scary command
lines, and about 10 different manipulations to do). Then I heard FSO5.5 will
have the "famous" bt headset support. I was happy, and thought : "Ok, I will
wait for this release and then ask about UIs". Now, it seems the release is
true (not for so long), and this is why people begin to ask about bt
support.

Hope it helps people to understand themselves :D

Kimaidou