[SHR-U] Bluetooth and GSM... Again.

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Tue Jul 14 00:47:13 CEST 2009

The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> Well, as yet another Jerry, I don't need a GUI for bluetooth. I'm
> perfectly happy to edit configs and run commands all day long, so long
> as at the end of the day (or week... Month... Year) it works. Only once
> we've gotten that far do I see a point in creating a GUI.

I can't believe BT headsets still don't work! My FR has been sitting collecting dust because no BT
headset is a show stopper for me (living in California where handsfree is mandatory when driving).

Now if I could get a recipe that actually works I'd be happy to try to put a GUI together to make it
work easily, like every handset I have ever had does!

All the WIKI instructions end up with either no sound, no mic or really bad sound. (I can pair
though). I have several BT headsets and BT handsfree devices to test with and none of them work yet.

So here is a +1001 for some of these excellent experts to give us a recipe to get it to work
manually, and then us less expert types can cobble together a GUI or technique to make it just work
out of the box like it should have a year ago when I got my FR.

Thanks guys.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com