[SHR-U] Bluetooth and GSM... Again.

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:09:01 CEST 2009

The Digital Pioneer <digitalpioneer at gmail.com> writes:
> Paul said that the connection for bluetooth runs straight from one chip to the other, without really
> involving ALSA at all. Is there a way we can make it involve ALSA, since bluetooth works perfectly
> through ALSA?

Bluetooth for you works perfectly only one way most probably
(A2DP). If you want to try to use SCO over HCI (bt usb interface)
you'll face the same issue with "everything works but no sound for
unknown reason and even bluez devs say everything is ok judging by
your hci dumps". :(

Also it requires modifications to BT chip EEPROM.

I did that myself and i had sound with "working" headset and had no
sound with non-working (exactly the same software configuration worked
with it just fine on my laptop where other brand of bt chip is used).

And don't forget, A2DP - unidirectional audio, for conversations you
need SCO.

BTW, have you tried disabling esco or not?

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com