why openmoko is so slow? Is it a joke?

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Tue Jul 14 23:12:51 CEST 2009

This reminds me of the situation with linux a few years back. When I was
trying it out on my desktop for the first time, it would take me days to
configure x-window drivers, sound card, etc, and have a working winmodem was
next to impossible. After I managed to do it, I ran around telling people
how much better it was than Winshit. See the difference in approach?

Openmoko is taking the same steps as Linux some years ago, just on a smaller
scale. When we finally get stable software, you're gonna see how many
possibilities it gives. You can easily see it even now.

By the way, Google has something like a 100 engineers working on Android,
and still many people say it's a failure. Maybe it means that making a phone
isn't so easy?