[all] call for configurations

Davide Scaini dscaini at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 12:00:13 CEST 2009

Ok guys!
we're talking everyday of a different issue that makes our fr not really
usable... but i'm sure that there is someone who as a fr decently working
and he/she can share with us his tips.
My idea is to open a thread where everyone posts his configuration with
working/not working sections. Maybe, finally, we can find a balance merging
all the diffs that works...

My2cents:

system: SHR-U shr-image-glibc-ipk--20090709
kernel:
2.6.28-oe1+gitr34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26-r3-om-gta02.bin
(it'a a TRUE .28-rc4)
(with modules, i haven't figured out how to extract the tar on my fr, i
extract it on the sd then cp on /lib/ )
boot: qi

Performances:
wifi: I got wifi working for a long with that kernel, but now i cannot get
connected via wifi 'cause this error: run-parts:
/etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant
exited with code 1
i have no idea how to handle it.
(on debian i had always a working wifi with no troubles... i should search
for the script i used...)

gprs: never tried

gps: works like a charm

calls: i have the very same of all with call volume, but i'll fix it copying
alsa states from shr-testing.

usb: get the connection reliably

software: minimo, tangogps, yaouh, orrery, mofi, leafpad (terminal) are the
most used.
shr-settings is _very_ useful, that' why i abandoned debian (even if debian
has tons of software...)

what i miss: a realiable wifi :( a finger friendly file manager.
(ps: I cannot download anymore bigG maps iwth the "repos" linked on wiki...
do you know why?)

As you can see my system is not really that working, what i really miss is
the wifi... i mainly use it as a pda.