[all] call for configurations

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 15 12:27:10 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 12:05 +0200, Tony Berth wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Davide Scaini <dscaini at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Ok guys!
>         we're talking everyday of a different issue that makes our fr
>         not really usable... but i'm sure that there is someone who as
>         a fr decently working and he/she can share with us his tips.
>         My idea is to open a thread where everyone posts his
>         configuration with working/not working sections. Maybe,
>         finally, we can find a balance merging all the diffs that
>         works...
>
>         My2cents:
>
>         system: SHR-U shr-image-glibc-ipk--20090709
>         kernel: 2.6.28-oe1
>         +gitr34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26-r3-om-gta02.bin
>         (it'a a TRUE .28-rc4)
>         (with modules, i haven't figured out how to extract the tar on
>         my fr, i extract it on the sd then cp on /lib/ )
>         boot: qi
>

>         Performances:
>         wifi: I got wifi working for a long with that kernel, but now
>         i cannot get connected via wifi 'cause this error:
>         run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/
>         wpasupplicant exited with code 1
>         i have no idea how to handle it.
>         (on debian i had always a working wifi with no troubles... i
>         should search for the script i used...)
>
>         gprs: never tried
>
>         gps: works like a charm
>
>         calls: i have the very same of all with call volume, but i'll
>         fix it copying alsa states from shr-testing.
>
>         usb: get the connection reliably
>
>         software: minimo, tangogps, yaouh, orrery, mofi, leafpad
>         (terminal) are the most used.
>
>         shr-settings is _very_ useful, that' why i abandoned debian
>         (even if debian has tons of software...)
>
>         what i miss: a realiable wifi :( a finger friendly file
>         manager.
>         (ps: I cannot download anymore bigG maps iwth the "repos"
>         linked on wiki... do you know why?)
>

>         As you can see my system is not really that working, what i
>         really miss is the wifi... i mainly use it as a pda.
>

> concerning the call volume, could you please post the settings for
> that? I tried different things but no success so far :(
>
> Thanks Tony

Use the following one liner:

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.SetSpeakerVolume 68

With an otherwise standard shr-u, its fine - if I dont reduce the volume
this way the other end just hears noise.  Ive tried to tune the state
file, but no luck - too many settings and too little time ...

BillK

Home in Perth!