Freerunner Chat Application: Suggestions wanted!

Alex Teiche xelapond at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:22:38 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

I recently recieved my A6 FreeRunner, and have been looking for some coding
to do:)  I plan on writing a chat application(similar to Pidgin) optomized
for the small screen.  I was wondering what suggestions the community had
before I get too far into it.

What UI elements do you recommend I keep out front/put back in menus to save
space?
Which protocols have the highest demand for implementation?
How should it deal with multiple concurrent chat sessions?
How should the user be notified when a new chat message is recieved?
Should logging be implemented?
Any other ideas/suggestions?

We all have our own opinions on these issues, so I just wanted a sense of
what the greater community thought.

~xelapond