Freerunner Chat Application: Suggestions wanted!

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Jul 16 17:02:59 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 04:53:46PM +0200, arne anka wrote:
> > Rewrite Pidgin's UI to be as finger friendly as possible. That's
> > probably all we need. Why reinvent the wheel.
>
> because pidgin is ugly?

Actually there may be more problems with the typically aggressive
attitude of the pidgin developers towards bugs.

That's why it would be better (IMHO) to use libpurple or libtelepathy
and a UI designed from scratch for small touchscreens.

I was considering tackling into the IM app after elmdentica, but I'm
glad someone else is working on it.

Rui