new cofundus project - Manual/Guide for SHR

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Fri Jul 17 08:38:45 CEST 2009

>This is a project to create a user manual for the SHR distribution
>that runs on the Freerunner communication device (and hopefully other
>devices soon)
>
>The idea is to have a comprehensive manual for the SHR distribution for
>newcomers/ users / tinkerers. It is expected to cover installation
>guide, navigating the user interface, navigating and using the
>preloaded applications, setting up networking, using wi-fi, bluetooth,
>usb, gps, GPRS, voice state, accelerometers etc, set up tricks and
>dbus commands, installing new applications and repositories,
>recommended repositories and applications at the minimum.
>
>Please see and support
>
>http://www.cofundos.org/project.php?id=172
>

>I would also request your feedback to improve this project.

i am eagerly waiting to do this /no need for cofund/ but shr will change
a lot in the near future i suspect - shr installer instead of illume
config walk-through, opimd backends which means that storage will change
and also handling network devices is moving quite fast towards connman
(mokonnect) which will be different...

if possible, i would hold this on for the time being, otherwise the
manual will be soon very, very outdated...

Petr