Anti-Whining: Happy Moko Moments

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Fri Jul 17 11:50:30 CEST 2009

i know this isn't really impressive, but i use mine as a phone.  every
day.  it's been my main phone since i got it last august, and while it's
not been trouble-free, fully-updated OM2009t5 is perfectly usable for me.

however, my great moments have all come from having this device that can
do lots of *other* things.  gprs+tango to make some emergency navigation
decisions out in the cambridgeshire fens; various web browsers when i was
out and about and desperately needed to check some random fact; using the
thing as an ssh client, to access a remote server to run whois when i
needed to check domain name availability there and then; impressing my
11-year-old niece, who has high standards for device coolness, by running
mokomaze - even though the phone doesn't come in pink or mirror-finish.

i wouldn't have carried devices around to do any of these things, but with
the moko, i get them all thrown in for free.  and the sense of community
at mokomeets has been pretty good fun, as well.

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net