using a FreeRunner without cellular service

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Sat Jul 18 06:51:02 CEST 2009

2009/7/17 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com>

> Brolin Empey <brolin at brolin.be> writes:
> >  2. It lacks flight mode.
>
> Are you often getting complains because of that? Or why else do you
> care?

I thought I could use flight mode to disable the GSM modem to improve the
battery runtime when I do not need cellular service but still want to use
the non-phone features, such as the Organiser, but then I discovered my
phone lacks flight mode.  This might not be significant if I could use my
phone without a SIM installed, but I cannot do that either.

Anyway, it does not really matter because the battery runtime is already
good enough even with the GSM modem on all the time during which the phone
is on.  I receive so few calls that I often forget I have my phone with me,
such as during meetings when I should turn off my phone.