[debian 2.6.28|29 xserver-xorg-video-glamo] wsod when xserver stops

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 15:22:23 CEST 2009

2009/7/18 Christian Adams <morlac at morlac.de>:
>> Indeed. I've run the latest GIT from
>> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=xf86-video-glamo.git;a=summary
>
> maybe a dumb question .. but could you give me some hints howto
> actually build it?

Not a dumb question. I'm using Debian, so I have all the compilation
software directly on the phone, and also git. So, something like:

apt-get install git-core build-essential gcc xserver-xorg-dev
git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/xf86-video-glamo
cd xf86-video-glamo

At this point you should run autotools, and I don't directly remember
what I ran. Probably something like:

aclocal
libtoolize --automake
automake --add-missing
autoconf

...but I still had some problem so I simply ran autoreconf -vi also.

then:
./configure
make

I installed the driver manually with:

cp -a src/.libs/glamo_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/glamo_drv.so

Hope this helps.

-Timo