[Om2008] sometimes the AUX button is disabled

Michele Brocco ssj2micvm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 03:00:06 CEST 2009

On 7/18/09, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 07:04:33PM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> El día Saturday, July 18, 2009 a las 07:18:09PM +0300, Risto H. Kurppa
>> escribió:
>>
>> > Sorry to tell you this, but OM2008 is outdated for a long time ago
>> > already, OM2009 is now more active..
>> >
>> >   -> thanks for reporting but I'm 95% sure, it will not be fixed..

>> Risto,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback; to be exact I (still) run Om2008.9 and I know
>> that it is a bit outdated. But, I use it as my daily and only mobile and
>> need this way some kind of stability; at the same time I've done a lot of
>> tweaking to let the device match what I need:
>>
>> http://www.unixarea.de/openmoko.txt
>
> Ouch, Om2008.12 was way better for me as a daily phone. Basically because
> the White Screen of Death was then fixed for my model :)
>
> Now seriously, although with less features, Om2009t5 is about as faithful as
> 2008.12 was. At least for me...
>
> Rui

I changed from 2008.12 to SHR some week ago as well. But I can
understand people who still use OM 2008. One reason is the PIM support
is much better until now. However, I would also advice to switch to
another distro because IMHO all the other things except for PIM (and
some other small things) work better there.