[OM2009] gsm don't start after opkg update-upgrade

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Jul 15 00:35:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 02:52:55PM +0100, Tom Yates wrote:

> i did a little googling on the error "Modem does not respond to AT
> commands, trying close mux mode" and found the bug at
> http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/367.  this is an old, closed bug but
> it does indicate that not keeping up with BIOS upgrades can cause this
> problem.

   There was a kernel issue with the serial port 0 initialization. It was
fixed while Andy still worked for OM (i.e. months ago). A workaround was
added to Qi for fear of that distributions shipping old kernels wouldn't
work. Regrettably, the official distribution is one of the offenders.

> so i upgraded my qi to the one in the testing5 repository, rebooted and
> *bingo*!  my phone now works beautifully and i can discover the joys of
> the latest paroli.
>
> so here's a tip to people using 2009testing: the BIOS is important.  it
> mediates stuff between the OS and hardware.

   The bootloader is not involved.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen