reliability of resistive touch screens

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Mon Jul 20 00:18:13 CEST 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Brolin Empey wrote:

> could make the touch screen work again.  My dad suggested wrapping my
> disassembled Palm Z22 in a plastic bag to protect it from frost and leaving
> it in the freezer.  I tried this:  the touch screen worked again while it

  :--> I usually did this on harddisks that completely gave up and
sometimes it helped (also putting them into a stove helped, too!).

Sorry, I cannot give you an answer, but concerning the temperature, I
noticed last winter while is was out for GPS tracking, that the phone
stopped working after taking it out from the warm house into the cold
(screen frozen (not physically!), no functionality after reboot) but I
never found out what the reason was. It happened only 2 or 3 times and
finally it worked great again.

A.