Anti-Whining: Happy Moko Moments - playing Ogg Vorbis files

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Mon Jul 20 13:05:00 CEST 2009

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk> writes:
>    FWIW, you can s/-t raw -c 2 -f S16_BE -r 44100/-f cdr/.

Sure but I have another version for 22050 Hz podcasts so I preferred
to be explicit.

> And indeed it decodes in realtime at just 100 MHz.

You are using the cpufreq patches? Any thing else than what I mirrored at

http://iki.fi/lindi/openmoko/consumption/

and are you able to survive suspend/resume with it?

>    Btw, I can't get aplay to use a buffer larger than 32768 samples. That
> may be a kernel driver bug.

I just added a buffer to the example player itself I think. I think
you can use general purpose "buffer" program in the pipeline too.

>    A related issue to take up with the Debian maintainers is the lack of
> the 'vorbisidec' element in the gstreamer plugin packages:

apt-get --build source apt-get source gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad

prints

checking for vorbis_block_init in -lvorbisidec... no

and indeed that symbol is not found:

$ grep vorbis_block_init /usr/lib/libvorbisidec.so.1
$ echo $?
1