Mplayer with rebased Andrzej Zaborowski patch for -vo glamo

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Mon Jul 20 19:18:24 CEST 2009

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:29:09 +0200
Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I couldn't found it there too, thats why I started to update it to
> latest mplayer code :).
>
> I'll post it there after some testing here, it works for me, but I'm
> using latest DRI stuff from Thomas White and others
> (now from exa-via-dri branch [1]) so I'm curious about others experience
> with it.

I'm fascinated that you managed to get a picture (of anything) on the screen
using the exa-via-dri branch at the moment :).. It contains only a small
amount of code leading up to the point when I realised the serious problem
with trying to do EXA over DRI within an fbdev-based DDX without KMS [1]:
http://tinyurl.com/lgu2d7

Both the exa-via-dri and dri-aware branches of xf86-video-glamo will be going
away quite soon in favour of a new "kms" branch, which works round these
issues, and has an added bonus of being much simpler.  The kernel parts of
KMS necessary to get an "old-style" fbdev Xorg driver running are working
already, this part is about making our Xorg driver use the KMS framework.
I'll send an email to OM-Devel to clarify this when this next stage of things
is working.

But anyway, are you interesting in making the mplayer driver use DRI?  If so,
that's fantastic - it'd allow cooperation between Xorg's acceleration and the
video acceleration.

Tom

[1] If that's not too many TLAs for one sentence...

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>