Questions about installing Android to an external SD card

Damian Spriggs damianspriggs at mac.com
Mon Jul 20 23:14:46 CEST 2009

I've been using it for a few days now, and at first, it was quite
slow. Then I hacked around, uninstalled a few things, and found a
little app that activates a user defined swap. So far it's worked like
a charm. I can make calls, but haven't tested receiving them (all my
friends are getting sick of me asking for them to call me). I'd say
it's as fast if not faster GUI wise than SHR or Hackable. Wifi and SMS
both also work, but you still can't import contacts from SIM. Big
downside to the release is the lack of a marketplace app, so finding
things to install is a challenge. slideme.org has a few free apps.