[android] Re: Questions about installing Android to an external SD card

Damian Spriggs damianspriggs at mac.com
Tue Jul 21 00:44:48 CEST 2009

On Jul 20, 2009, at 5:56 PM, Marcelo wrote:
>> Then I hacked around, uninstalled a few things, and found a little
>> app
>> that activates a user defined swap.
>
> Can you provide more details?
Installed this:
http://code.google.com/p/a-swapper/
and threw 128M at it. I doubt the stuff I uninstalled had much effect
on system performance. Everything is pretty snappy, except for
entering a URL in the browser (it looks like it's doing a live google
search as you type. Why anyone would want this "feature" is beyond me).

  I also turned off all the animations/orientation, turned off USB
debugging in the developer settings, and disabled selection sounds.

> I beleive in the Android Marketplace there was a Marketplace browser
> :-P and there's a website you can use to browse the Marketplace, too.
> But yes, the "official" Marketplace browser is not included in the
> free source that Google opened up.

I've been able to browse http://www.android.com/market/ but not
install anything from there, and most apps I find online have download
links to the marketplace app. I remember seeing the marketplace app on
one of the earlier Koolu betas. Will that work on cupcake?