New Open Hardware company

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Tue Jul 21 01:18:16 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 08:47 -0700, steven mosher wrote:
It would be a great device...It has usb-2.0...wow(I hope it works
fine...not like on my bug device( http://www.buglabs.net/ ) where most
of the USB device I have work...but not my usb tv card)
but...unfortunately it has 320x240 screen and only 32M of
ram...ouch...I've a 320x240 screen on my bug device and it's so
small...I have problem with some applications...and is not very
comfortable to use.
Are 32M of ram sufficient for a GUI like illume but without the FSO+SHR
stack?
But in another hand I saw that there are future devices in
preparation...a bit like for GTA01 and freerunner
Another problem would be the lack of wifi...

But wait a second...it has microsd...it would makes a great ogg
player...maybe it could do tv too(with USB 2.0 tv card)
But I wonder how usable it is as a a general purpose computer

By the way will the micro-sd be removable...what would be the costs and
the size compared to the openpandora(If I ever buy one I won't use the
3d because it's proprietary,unmaintained(so old kernel) etc...)

And what would be the battery life?

Denis.