New Open Hardware company

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 21 13:27:02 CEST 2009

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> most FOSS. Unless we restrict the Non-G-UI to commandline and
> ncurses.

I noticed that is has an escape key. So vi will be fine. What else
could one possibly wish for, except that more GUI designers would
draw their inspiration from the grace and style of vi ? :-)

Historical note: once I had Linux run on my Psion S5 and took it to
a conference. The UI consisted of eight virtual consoles with a
shell each, with whatever I chose to run there - typically a vi, so
I could switch from taking notes on various topics just by changing
consoles. Despite the device's many shortcomings, the system felt
amazingly productive, almost on par with the HP-100LX.

- Werner