Openmoko newbie question, error by installation

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 15:46:42 CEST 2009

2009/7/22 Manuel Sangiao <masanlo1 at gmail.com>:
> I tried to install Minimo on OM, but I got
>
>  *   * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for minimo:
>      *  gtk+-fastscaling (>= 2.10.14) *
>
> then I used
>
> opkg -force-depends install minimo_0.02\+cvs20070626-r0armv4t.ipk
>
> and got
>
>  *   * Warning: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for minimo:
>      *  gtk+-fastscaling (>= 2.10.14) *
> * ERROR: hicolor-icon-theme.postinst returned 127
>
> In addition, I can not see the on the OM Applications menu.

you don't need the fast scaling thing, that dependency is old and
wrong. force depends should work fine

the other error is in the postinst script, at a guess a missing set of
icons - you might take a look in the ipk (it's a renamed zip file) at
the postinst script, and see what the offending command is trying to
do

where did you get the package from and which os are you using?