Known to work bluetooth headset

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Tue Jul 21 21:01:07 CEST 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:08:10 +0200
Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> (LK) wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Yorick Moko<yorickmoko at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> maybe you also want to check out:
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/A2DP#6._Devices_that_work
>
>Thank you, I edited the above page to link this page, and moved the
>table over. I hope it will be more accessible (I didnt find it for the
>first time).
>
>Dont know what columns would make sense, hope is good enough for the
>first try.

Could someone please clarify the correct steps for A2DP in SHR-U?

I am looking at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/A2DP and have done:

1.1 Check installed packages (Bluez4)
2. Add bluetooth device to /etc/asound.conf
3. Connect to the device
4. Start playing

But no sound

What i am not happy to do is the

opkg remove -recursive bluez4

(will also remove connman-plugin-bluetooth). After that you need to
edit /etc/init.d/bluetooth and replace DAEMON_NAME=bluetoothd with
DAEMON_NAME=hcid. This has been tested and works on FSO MS5.

Is it necessary or can A2DP work in bluez4?

Thank you
Petr