touchpad on OM

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Wed Jul 22 13:50:24 CEST 2009

2009/7/21 Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz>

> >This is not the problem. If you want to simulate a drag, you need to
> >have the pointer where the drag takes place. But at the same time
> >you're touching the touchscreen and thus moving the pointer under your
> >finger. With clicking this is not a problem, because the pointer is
> >moved to the place where you wanted to click just for a moment.
>
> no worries, if i really need to drag something, i connect vnc

I could implement dragging this way: first move the pointer to the position
where you want to begin drag. Press a "begin drag" button, and it leaves
some kind of marker there. Then move the pointer to where you want to finish
drag, press a button again, and a drag event is generated for these
positions. I'm just brainstorming, if you really need such awkward feature
let me know.