fixing bug #1024 successful reports?

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Wed Jul 22 16:46:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:48:25 +0400
ivvmm <unachievable at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> were there any successful fixes since posting
> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/hardware/2009-May/001192.html
>
> Is this the final solution? Please post here your reports.

Since about 5 days I'm using my #1024 fixed device as my main phone
(before I only used it with my test SIM) and so far stability is pretty
good. I measured standby time (GSM on, phone in suspend) of around 140h
which makes the Freerunner much more comfortable to use in my opinion.
While increasing the capacitance does work to solve #1024 the actual
problem is that the capacitor is not integrated in the regulator
feedback loop (iirc). So while it's not the correct solution it's
probably the best you can do without another hardware revision.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann