om2009 activating wifi

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:52:18 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM, jeremy jozwik<jerjoz.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM, pike<pike-openmoko at kw.nl> wrote:
>> none of the gui's ever got me a connection.
>> it's working fine now after doing it manually
>> a 1000 times and finally wrapping that up in
>> a shell script today.
>
>> $2c,
>> *-pike
>
> thanks, but woish! making this:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_WLAN#Sample_wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> will have to wait till i get home. no way im writing that out key by
> key on the moko

There are a lot of GUI WiFi managers available.

I did some WiFi brainstorming for a while, however often WiFi does not
work out of the box on the freerunner, see some considerations on
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/WiFi_Managers

If you are lucky this may work for you, but be aware of it pre-pre-pre
alpha status and bad inclination from the author to complete or
support it :)

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NWA

Regards

    Nicola