Anti-Whining: Happy Moko Moments

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Thu Jul 23 14:35:41 CEST 2009

I've got a simple success to share.

My nine year old niece and her family expressed an interest in
geocaching.  I said, "Oh, my phone does GPS!"  which led to this
series of Happy Moko Moments:

* Used Midori over GPRS to create an account on geocaching.com and to
look up the latitude and longitude of the closest cache to their home.
* Showed a map with TangoGPS.
* Downloaded the SimpleCaching application from opkg.org.
* As a family outing, we followed the arrow in SimpleCaching to a
park, to a statue named "Sensei", to a nearby tree, and finally to a
rock under the tree.
* Found the hidden treasure, put some items inside.
* My niece and her family had a lot of fun, all thanks to my neo.

--Ben