[Om 2008] Re: fixing bug #1024 successful reports?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Thu Jul 23 19:15:13 CEST 2009

Am 23.07.2009 um 18:11 schrieb Al Johnson:

> On Thursday 23 July 2009, Lothar Behrens wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am also interested to get my daily phone :-)
>>
>> Why not just soldering another 10uF capacitor on top of the other. As
>> I think soldering the capacitor to the shielding on the right
>> yet requires an insulator.
>
> I don't think there's enough space under the can. If there had been
> I doubt
> people would have been using the methods in this thread:
> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/hardware/2009-June/001230.html

Ok, I don't know. As of reported to work I would do it as described.
But I also wait about my reseller
(pulster) if this is a warranty. Then I wouldn't do the work by my
self :-)

If not, I would like to see some pictures from that. Are there any
around?

>> That way no long extra wires may be needed and no unsoldering is
>> required.
>
> The method in the post above avoids the long wire and unsoldering,
> but still
> needs insulation above and below.

The insulation I think is better than not doing it :-)

>> Some questions:
>>
>> I have read that making phone calls is impossible with that
>> recamping,
>> but I am able to do phone calls.
>
> You can't make or receive the call when the phone isn't registered,
> and in
> worst case the phone will spend ~1/3 of the time reregistering.
> Networks seem
> to handle reregistrations differently though - O2 UK sometimes
> thought the
> phone was switched off when I called it, while Orange and t-mobile
> always
> connected. This may have been luck though...

I indeed had some reregistering and saw that by the symbol :-)

>> I tried to start logging the battery with
>>
>> root at om-gta02 ~ $ while true; do
>>
>>> date
>>> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.odeviced /org/freesmartphone/Device/
>>
>> PowerSupply/battery org.freesmartphone.Device.PowerSupply.GetInfo
>>
>>> sleep 5
>>> done >> battery-data
>>
>> to compare the data, but I do not have mdbus command and it seems not
>> to be installable with opkg (OM 2008).
>> Where do I get it?
>
> It wouldn't help on om2008.x as it isn't using FSO. You should be
> able to use
> apm or the sysfs battery entry to get similar information though. See:
> 	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_sysfs

I am look forward to update to a newer version of whatever. There I
only need something:
Working phone (calls/sms), working GPS (with navit), working WLAN (at
least with scripts).
A plus would be bluetooth with headset for car radio and optionally
working hands free.

Has the Om2009 such a feature set?

Thanks

Lothar