tango and the missing map tiles

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Thu Jul 23 21:46:45 CEST 2009

Finally got around to trying Rask's one-liner.  Thanks for posting it,
it worked great once I modified it to work with BusyBox's version of
wget.  I also had to fake the UserAgent; apparently openstreetmaps.org
is no longer allowing wget.  I've appended my modifications, which
should work on any system, below.

--Ben

#!/bin/sh

# Look for OpenStreetMap tiles that are size zero (TangoGPS has a bug)
# and download the correct tile.  Based on a one-line script by
# Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask at sygehus.dk>,  June 2009,
# modified by Ben Wong to work with BusyBox's wget.
cd ~/Maps/OSM || echo "Cannot cd to ~/Maps/OSM" >&2 && exit 1
find -size 0c -print \
| cut -c3- \
| awk ' { print "http://tile.openstreetmap.org/" $0 " -O " $0; }' \
| xargs -n3 wget -U "UpdateTiles"