tangogps : updating tiles ?

Alejandro Sáiz b.de.bangkok at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 07:25:43 CEST 2009

> It might be as easy as this:
>
> for TILE in `find /path/to/tiles -type f`; do
>  echo "${TILE}"
>  FILE=`basename "${TILE}"`
>  L1=`dirname "${TILE}" | gawk -F"/" '{ print $NF}'`
>  L2=`dirname "${TILE}" | gawk -F"/" '{ print $(NF-1)}'`
>  curl --output "${TILE}"
> http://tile.openstreetmap.org/"${L2}"/"${L1}"/"${FILE}"
> done
>
> curl and http are on the same line, you mail program might split in over
> two lines.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ed

For some reason I don't understand, all my stored map tiles suddenly
appeared upside down (rotated 180 degrees) in tangogps, while newly
downloaded tiles showed correctly. Yaouh didn't seem to correct that
problem, so I found Ed's script very useful to substitute all the stored
tiles with fresh versions from osm.org. Thanks Ed.
Alex