touchpad on OM

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Fri Jul 24 10:34:04 CEST 2009

Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried this. I thought it would be handy
> to have a mouse pointer on the phone, driven by a "touchpad" area in the
> lower part of the screen. To click you just hit an appropriate button.
> This way you can do left click, right click, and any other mouse buttons
> you want. It should be useful for apps unsuited for finger use.
>
> Here's a graphical explanation:
> http://pvtrace.com/moko-touchpad.png

Why have that touchpad area???
I understand why you have the L and R buttons. It allows right
and left clicks, which is nice. But why waste area on a "touchpad" ?

Just enable the X mouse pointer - which is easy enough. The
touchscreen _is_ a touchpad already, so no need for a separate pad.
Then you can put the L and R buttons at the bottom of the screen,
and have much more room for the app itself on the screen.

Or am I missing something?

Helge Hafting