Reducing resume verbosity with Qi

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 24 11:04:47 CEST 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009, William Kenworthy wrote:
> I am using Qi to boot a gta02 to a flashed shr-unstable (not on SD)
>
> It works ok, but after a few resumes it slows dramaticly due to verbose
> printing to the screen.  Is there a way to fix this?
>
> With u-boot, I reduced the kernel verbosity to get a happy medium, but
> it looks like Qi cant do this unless you are booting from SD.

That's correct as I understand it. Qi doesn't understand jffs2 so it can't
read the usual file where the extra options would live. You should be able to
drop the loglevel at runtime using:
	dmesg -n 4
This sets the console log level to warnings and above. It won't help with the
boot time, but does a lot for the resume time.