tango and the missing map tiles

Christophe Badoit openmoko at tof2k.com
Fri Jul 24 12:14:22 CEST 2009

Le jeudi 23 juillet 2009 22:08:03, Ben Wong a écrit :
> Oops, that didn't work.  That's what I get for trying to cleanup the
> error checking before posting.  This version actually works.
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> # Look for OpenStreetMap tiles that are size zero (TangoGPS has a bug)
> # and download the correct tile.  Based on a one-line script by
> # Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask at sygehus.dk>,  June 2009,
> # Modified by Ben Wong to work with BusyBox's wget.
>
> cd ~/Maps/OSM || exit 1
>
> find -size 0c -print \
>
> | cut -c3- \
> | awk ' { print "http://tile.openstreetmap.org/" $0 " -O " $0; }' \
> | xargs -n3 wget -U "UpdateTiles"

Hi,

I found this faster (but you need curl) :

find -type f -mtime +7 |
 cut -c3- |
 awk '{ print "url = http://tile.openstreetmap.org/" $0 "\noutput = " $0 "\n"; }' |
 curl -K -

Only one instance of curl is executed, and it uses HTTP1.1 Keep Alive; it's slow to start, but fast once running.
Just change the -mtime +7 according to your needs !

--
Tof