New Open Hardware company

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Fri Jul 24 12:19:38 CEST 2009

Tony,
just a few misconceptions - Qi is global, same as Openmoko. Headquarter in
San Francisco, R&D in Taiwan, Germany, USA. Production in China.

About patents - we care a lot. Qi Hardware is Copyleft Hardware.
How could we think that this would work if we didn't respect intellectual
property? We are not basing a business on risking lawsuits.
Our general approach is - avoid patented technology whenever possible.
Research carefully, help ourselves and our partners to accidentally step
into a patent mine, maybe join a patent defense pool.

After all, owning a patent still doesn't mean that you can force everybody
to make use of your patent. It's not that bad yet!
:-)

Thanks for the heads up...
Wolfgang