Developing wxWidgets applications?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Sat Jul 25 10:46:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

a long time ago I was happy seeing the wxWidgets library on my neo.
Now I have setup a development host for cross compiling my
application that needs that library. Some of my important base
libraries were built but I am missing wx-config to correctly build the
wxWidgets based stuff.

Searching in my directory tree gave the following result:

lothar at mokodevelop:~/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment> sudo find /
-name wx-config
/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/wx-config
lothar at mokodevelop:~/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment>  ls -l /usr/
local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/wx-config
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 67 24. Jul 22:53 /usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-
angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/wx-config -> /usr/lib/wx/config/arm-
angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gtk2-ansi-release-2.8
lothar at mokodevelop:~/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment> ls -l /usr/
lib/wx/config/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gtk2-ansi-release-2.8
ls: Zugriff auf /usr/lib/wx/config/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gtk2-
ansi-release-2.8 nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

So the file is not installed whereas the library and the development
libraries are installed:

lothar at mokodevelop:~/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment> opkg-target
list_installed | grep wxwidgets
lothar at mokodevelop:~/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment> su
Passwort:
mokodevelop:/home/lothar/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment # opkg-
target list_installed | grep wxwidgets
bash: opkg-target: command not found
mokodevelop:/home/lothar/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment # . /usr/
local/openmoko/arm/bin/setup-env
mokodevelop:/home/lothar/develop/Projects/CPP/BaseDevelopment # opkg-
target list_installed | grep wxwidgets
wxwidgets - 2.8.9-r0 -
wxwidgets-dev - 2.8.9-r0 -

What am I missing?

Has anyone successfully compiled the library and a sample application?

Also I suspect getting trouble not having the unixODBC libraries. What
is about the ODBC support?
(At the beginning I thought I deactivate the support for ODBC in my
code and only support Sqlite)

Thanks

Lothar

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de