[openBmap] GSM/GPS logger 0.4.0 is out!

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Sat Jul 25 13:12:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

this has been discussed a couple of times on this mailing list already.
You will find the details in the archive here [1]. But to sum it up:

We are focusing on quality of data, and not only quantity, because we
believe otherwise we will have a big database of useless data.

We are interested in logging other things too, such as Wi-Fi.

We are working on a location service (we are talking with people from
FSO), in order to get your location from the data.

We are also ready to log extra info people think might be useful, even
if we don't use it for now. Thus the database might be used to try
location algorithms, security, etc.

We are releasing improvements on a regular basis.

And all help is of course welcome!!!

Feel free if you have more questions,

Onen

[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-June/049013.html