[openBmap] New cells visualisation interface on the website (beta)

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 13:53:19 CEST 2009

2009/7/25 Onen <onen.om at free.fr>:
> Nick did a very nice work about the visualisation interface of the cells
> on the website [1].
>
> You can now browse and zoom to an area, and see (depending on the level
> of zoom), LACs and cells.
>
> When you select one item, you can click on it to see the coverage of the
> item.
>
> This is still beta, as we encounter sometimes cells which does not
> appear, or disappear after zoom in or out. But it is *very* much better
> interface.

fantastic, good work

is there any work to get this data into the osm database? i assume the
license is compatible? it would be great to get existing cells
rendered on an alternative tile set, cache them for viewing in
tangogps and see where the blank spots are, to know where needs
collecting.

by the way, i'm curious, why there is only one provider listed for new
zealand? i assume only data for vodafone cells has been collected, and
no telecom or 2degrees/worldcom?