[openBmap] New cells visualisation interface on the website (beta)

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 14:08:55 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com>wrote:

> is there any work to get this data into the osm database? i assume the
> license is compatible? it would be great to get existing cells
> rendered on an alternative tile set, cache them for viewing in
> tangogps and see where the blank spots are, to know where needs
> collecting.

If we could get all the average points for a network/country/region as KML,
it wouldn't be too hard to convert them into tangogps POIs (although then
you'd have alot of POIs).

Is there any work underway into opening/fixing the API? This new map gets
the average position given the 4 cellid attributes and that's the kind of
information I could really use. Or could we at least get regularly updated
zip files of KML for all the cell zones split by country/MCC? (I'd feel
guilty ripping them from the site using wget)