replacement opkg.org (was Re: Opkg.org?! (was: Re: [SHR-...))

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 21:26:48 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 21:17, George Brooke<solar.george at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 July 2009 12:40:08 Robin Paulson wrote:
>>
>> i'll agree with everything you've said. however, given the reality of
>> the situation, i.e. the popularity of opkg.org with devs and users,
>> coupled with the lack of knowledge around bb, i think this is a very
>> useful service. i have no idea how many devs submit bb files to shr,
>> om, etc., but i'd take a guess it's pretty low
> How about some kind of web app to generate the bb files to help the devs then.
>
> solar.george

Writing bb files isn't hard, but every bb file is different for every
application. I don't think such site as opkg.org is needed in actual
state - it should be rather overview of applications, not place to
download it. Apps should be in distro repositories, and every app
developer should write bb file for his app. That's only few minutes of
work, and I know SHR and Om2009 will include it quickly in their
repos.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos