Anti-Whining: Happy Moko Moments

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Jul 26 01:30:14 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 03:13:20PM -0400, Warren Baird wrote:
> There seems to be a repeated theme of people posting how crappy the
> Freerunner is and how nothing works for them.  Usually a number of people
> then jump on the thread and talk about how the FR works well for them.
>
> I like to try turning that around and start a thread for people to talk
> about their successes.   Maybe if we get enough good ones we can push it
> onto the wiki.

This Saturday, at the DebConf'09 in Cáceres, I met the nice folks of
TuxBrain (hi David, et all) who buzz fixed my Freerunner.

Aftera little while, I wanted to buy the extremely slim protection slip
but they had no change, so I was sad.

I connected to the wifi network, fired up midori in my recent SHR
installation, went to the TuxBrain web shop and bought the slip without
transportation costs, as it was being given right then... I was happy :)

I also tried to charge up some cash on a SIM card account from my
homebanking, but my bank doesn't like midori for at some point the
transaction would silently fail. Made me sad... at my bank.

Rui