om2009/paroli status

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:01:38 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 12:41, Patryk Benderz<Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:
> [cut]
>> You should "feel" the air.
>> As in the past testing was only a snapshot and AFAIK I never saw a
> [...]
>> guess why their software crashes on latest shr, rebuild and upload
>> again on opkg.org and so on).
> Well, Sebastian, i have to say Nicola has a point here. I agree.
> [cut]

No, I don't agree. It's natural than packages builded on your own will
be outdated some time in future. That's why I think opkg.org is bad
idea as "www repo" (it should be rather app overview).

If someone wants to have his package available in SHR, then we're
accepting bb files, and if they builds - then packages are added to
feed. And author of app doesn't have to care about packaging, and
everyone is happy.

Packaging apps on your own is bad by design (unless you're packaging
closed source apps, but they are also bad :P), not changes in SHR.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos