battery not fully charging

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 22:00:24 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009, pike wrote:
> Hi

> >> after loading a full night:
> >
> > Your battery is ok, it reports 96% of charge ('capacity').
>
> is it charged ? the icons say its at about 50% ?
> its been on juice for near 12 hours.

You didn't mention the distro (or I missed it), but the illume battery icon
has been known to report wrong values. IIRC this is because it gets the battey
info via HAL, and reports the average if more than one battery is found. HAL
sometimes reports the USB connection as an empty battery, effectively halving
the charge level shown by the battery icon.