battery not fully charging

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Mon Jul 27 02:01:07 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 01:57:27PM +0200, pike wrote:

> Since this week, my battery isnt charging to the fullest anymore.
> This didnt just gradually change, but happened 'all of a sudden'.
> It charges - connected to the charger - up to ~50% of its capacity
> and doesnt seem to go any further.

   I've seen that too, except it would only charge to 40 % or 3.8 V. It did
not "fix" itself over a few days. Eventually, I shut down the FR, removed
battery and external power and let it sit there for 5 minutes. When I put
the battery back in and reconnected external power, it charged just fine.

   I took dumps of /sys/.../pcf50633.../dump_all_regs during the problem and
compared them to dumps taken when I got it to charge fully again, but
nothing showed up.

   The only thing I can think of that might have provoced the problem is
that I was experimenting with modulation of the vibrator "brightness".
Something like this:

# for i in {,1,2,1,,1,2,1,,1,2,1,}50 0; do \
echo >/sys/class/leds/neo1973\:vibrator/brightness $i; \
sleep 0.2; done

   That's not neccesarily a wise thing to do, but the schematics seems to
have all the required protection components around the vibrator motor.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen