[QtMoko] Freerunner making a squealing noise

Ian Munsie darkstarsword at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 14:23:58 CEST 2009

Hey all,

Has anyone else ever experienced a loud squealing or shrieking noise
on their Freerunner that begins some amount seconds (varies) after
starting or receiving a phone call? The noise rapidly gets louder once
it starts and within about a second is much louder than the voice.
Both parties can hear the noise and it makes communication very
difficult. I first noticed it on the 18th which was a few days after I
updated from QTEI to QTMoko (FSO variant 20090707). This Freerunner
has not been buzz fixed, but this is not a buzzing issue. The noise
sounds like no kind of RF interference or feedback that I have ever
heard - the pitch is not fixed and the closest thing I can think of to
compare it to is the wind whistling through some trees, but much
louder and quite a bit harsher.

-I

--
http://darkstarshout.blogspot.com/