[QtMoko] Freerunner making a squealing noise

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jul 29 16:17:11 CEST 2009

I had this problem with QtEI - I think the issue was related to the speaker
phone mode being turned on incorrectly and generating some kind of feedback.

Since I didn't use the speakerphone mode, My solution was to just copy the
alsa state file for handset use overtop of the speakerphone alsa file.

Good luck,

Warren

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Ian Munsie <darkstarsword at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Has anyone else ever experienced a loud squealing or shrieking noise
> on their Freerunner that begins some amount seconds (varies) after
> starting or receiving a phone call? The noise rapidly gets louder once
> it starts and within about a second is much louder than the voice.
> Both parties can hear the noise and it makes communication very
> difficult. I first noticed it on the 18th which was a few days after I
> updated from QTEI to QTMoko (FSO variant 20090707). This Freerunner
> has not been buzz fixed, but this is not a buzzing issue. The noise
> sounds like no kind of RF interference or feedback that I have ever
> heard - the pitch is not fixed and the closest thing I can think of to
> compare it to is the wind whistling through some trees, but much
> louder and quite a bit harsher.
>
> -I
>
> --
> http://darkstarshout.blogspot.com/
> --
> On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
> heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but
> develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone
> will go superconductive.
>     -- Eric S. Raymond, 2005
> --

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca