[fso] Best practice to disable suspend through FSO

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 22:07:02 CEST 2009

Dear List,

My om2009.t5 phone sometime suspend,
no matter what I set in paroli.
It occurs mostly when I start the phone with usb connected.
(or the usb triggers the phone to start).

I examined paroli's source code, and found the relevant part:
paroli-services/system/idlenotifier.py:64
    def set_suspend(self, time):
and line 46:
self.iface = dbus.Interface(obj, 'org.freesmartphone.Device.IdleNotifier')

So paroli sets the suspend time through fso's IdleNotifier interface.
And he disables suspend using '-1' value.

When it sets '-1', fso does not set paroli as cpu user:
I checked in cli-framework using this command:
>>> usageiface.GetResourceUsers("CPU")
[]

So my question is, what is the best practice to disable suspend?

And what is the exact job of this IdleNotifier service? The online
api documentation is really short, and dont explain it in details.
And when I set the value '-1', shouldn't fso request CPU
automagically for me?

So it is a bug in paroli or in fso?

Comments?

Best regards,