[openBmap] GSM/GPS logger 0.4.0 is out! (Legal status)

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Wed Jul 29 23:01:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

thanks for pointing this email from Harald Welte.

We have not looked much at the legal side. Because we found a lot of
public work (research, etc.) about locating your phone thanks to GSM
signals. We also found different projects which uses the GSM data, and
log it. And as the data is freely available, we considered it good
enough to be used. (not to mention that Google has logged it, and uses
it through its Web service).

Alex, could you be more specific, I am not sure to understand what you
have in mind? Are you wondering if we could log cells from other
operators with only one phone?

Onen